NBF Membership Application Form
Please fill in the application form with your proposer & seconder details and submit to The Secretariat at High Corn Mill Chapel Hill Skipton North Yorkshire BD23 1NL. Please note only documents with original signatures will be considered.
Download application form
160 KB PDF Document
NBF Rules of Membership
The NBF’s Rules cover the purpose of the Federation, full terms and conditions of membership, and the obligations of both the Federation and the Membership to each other, as determined by the Executive Board.
Download the latest copy here.
What criteria does my company need to satisfy to become a Member?
The following companies are eligible to apply for membership:
A) UK based manufacturers of mattresses, divan sets, bedsteads, divans & bases, headboards, bunk beds & cabin beds, waterbeds, futons, mattress protectors, duvets, pillows and toppers. The company must be manufacturing at least 50% of their product in the UK. Assembling from flat pack, finished boxed products does not constitute manufacturing.
B) Companies and/or agents supplying bedding components to companies in the UK
Sole traders, partnerships or limited companies are all equally entitled to join.
All applicants for Membership are required:
- To have a minimum of one year's trading record in the UK bedding industry
- To comply fully to the requirements of the UK flammability regulations for foam and fillings; and to the requirements for mattresses to comply with the General Product Safety Regulations and undertake to indemnify the National Bed Federation with respect to any losses it might suffer as a result of non-conformity.
- To declare that you conduct your business operations so as to fulfil all relevant legal obligations (both general and specific to the nature of its business) to promote and foster high standards of consumer, customer and employee safety; and generally to operate in an ethical manner conducive to fair competition and fair dealing with employees, customers and suppliers.
- To nominate a proposer and a seconder from within the ranks of existing NBF Membership – one of which must be a Manufacturer member and both must have been members for at least 12 months.
- To agree to use the NBF and Sleep Council logos only in accordance with usage guidelines - and upon termination of membership to remove all logos from premises, literature, labelling, advertisements, stationery, websites, etc within six months
All applications will be submitted first to the Membership as a whole and then to the National Bed Federation Executive Board for approval. Final approval of membership is solely at the discretion of the Board whose decision is binding.
For full terms and conditions of Membership, please refer to the Rules of Membership document, which can be downloaded, along with the application form from the box to the right.