Marketing & Communications Executive Role
Full time permanent (37 hours) Mon to Fri, 9-5pm with some flexibility
Location: Flexible but will need to be within easy commute of Skipton & Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The National Bed Federation is looking for an enthusiastic marketing & communications executive to join its small but busy team consisting of an executive director, a marketing & membership manager, a technical manager and office administrator. The marketing & communications executive will be heavily involved with the company’s PR, marketing, social media and overall digital content creation. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to grow within an established business.
The NBF is a well-respected and influential trade association, representing its members – UK and Irish based bed & mattress manufacturers and their component suppliers. It organises the UK’s major bed trade show, an annual conference for members and provides expert, unbiased help on all things bed and mattress related to its members, to retailers, consumers and the media. It also has an active sustainability agenda.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the marketing & membership manager to co-ordinate, implement and evaluate all marketing activities including digital marketing, PR and SEO campaigns.
- Be responsible for the social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn); plan and create engaging social media content to enhance audience engagement.
- Write copy for and design blog posts, email newsletters, member communications.
- Write press releases for trade press re NBF activities and announcements.
- Help further develop our BedBiz podcasts and videos to promote the NBF to its audiences.
- Maintain the company’s two websites – bedfed.org.uk and bedadvice.co.uk – uploading news stories, editing information and keeping content up to date – and monitoring and reporting on website analytics.
- Work closely with external agencies regarding PR, marketing materials, websites, video production, print etc.
- Maintain membership database, retailer database and product information database, ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Contribute to marketing reports prepared for the Executive Board and committees.
- Help to organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
- Other duties required by the business.
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a PR/marketing/digital media role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, proof-reading skills, creative copy-writing experience
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, WordPress
- Strong work ethic and team player attributes
- The individual must be highly enthusiastic and driven
CVs and enquiries please to the Executive Director Jessica Alexander